Light It Up
22 February 2021 - 28 February 2021
Luxembourg, Esch, Ettelbruck, Mamer, Schengen, Wiltz, Luxembourg
+352 266 112 1
Hosted by ALAN - Maladies Rares Luxembourg
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, gathering events will not be possible in 2021. Thus, the rare disease community has decided to focus its efforts on the illumination of public, symbolic buildings and monuments around the world with the goal of fostering a sense of community among people affected by a rare disease, expressing solidarity and raising awareness.
For the "Light It Up" campaign in Luxembourg, multiple flagship buildings will be illuminated in the colors of Rare Disease Day (blue, pink, green, purple) for the last week of February 2021, including:
• City of Luxembourg: the watertower at the Ban de Gasperich
• City of Esch-sur-Alzette: the Town Hall and the Belval blast furnaces
• Ettelbruck: the CAPE - Center des Arts Pluriels Ettelbruck
• Mamer: the Mamer Schlass and the Maison Citoyenne
• Wiltz: the Wiltz Castle
• Schengen: the Columns of Nations
• The Centre Hospitalier de Luxembourg
• The Centre Hospitalier Emile Mayrisch
The official launch of the “Light It Up” campaign will take place on the 24th of February 2021 at 19:00 with the illumination of watertower at the Ban de Gasperich by Luxembourg’s Health Minister, Mrs. Paulette Lenert, the Mayor of Luxembourg City, Mrs. Lydie Polfer.
The illumination of the buildings will be accompanied by an intensive campaign on both social and traditional media, led by national patient alliance ALAN - Maladies Rares Luxembourg and its partner the Center Hospitalier du Nord.
In addition, the annual presentation of the progress of the National Plan for Rare Diseases will be held via webinar on the 26th of February.